it 5 star Honey Ginger Chicken Made in the slow cooker and perfect for any weeknight meal. It is kid friendly and made from 5 easy ingredients.
This Honey Garlic Chicken (Crock Pot) is a foodie favorite. Many of you have made this recipe over and over again and we hope you enjoy it!
Seriously The Best Honey Garlic Chicken
If you’re looking for a simple, tangy, delicious slow cooker chicken breast recipe, you’re about to swoon over this honey garlic chicken.
This recipe for Honey Garlic Chutney is savory, sweet and spicy at the same time and is made with just 4 ingredients. The chicken is slow cooked in the sauce, leaving it super tender and saucy, the perfect topping for your grain of choice.
We love that you literally just put all the ingredients into the slow cooker raw (no need to wok or pan fry) and let it do its magic!
5-Materials you need
You read that right, this amazing Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken is made with only 5 ingredients…and chances are you already have them in your pantry! Here’s the line-up:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast: We’re using chicken breasts, but you’re more than welcome to use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead.
- minced garlic: You need 3 tbsp minced garlic. count on us.
- Madhu: We love that honey is a natural sweetener. In addition, it goes well with soy sauce and garlic.
- Soy Sauce (or Tamari): Soya sauce adds a great savory flavor and also contains a good amount of salt.
- Red Chilli Garlic Chutney: Want to add some heat, but not too much spice? A little red chili garlic chutney goes a long way.
Before You Begin This Recipe…
How does honey garlic chicken taste?
This Honey Garlic Chicken recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. The honey balances out the chili sauce to make a tangy and delicious sauce.
Make sure the internal temperature of the chicken breast is 165ºF before cutting the chicken after cooking.
What Kind of Chicken Do I Use?
We use chicken breast for this Honey Garlic Chicken recipe. If you’re a dark meat person, feel free to use chicken thighs (boneless or bone-in).
Just make sure you check the temperature of the chicken thighs and remove the bones before slicing the meat.
Make Sure You Spray Your Slow Cooker
We always recommend spraying your slow cooker before cooking anything for long periods of time to avoid burning on the sides of your slow cooker.
How to Make Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts
It’s simple enough. All you have to do for this recipe is put all 5 ingredients in the slow cooker, turn it on and go!
temperature + cooking time
high: 2-3 hours
Less: for 4-5 hours
- Make chutney. You’ll want to make the sauce in a separate bowl before adding it to the slow cooker. Why? You want to make sure the honey has dissolved into the other ingredients.
- Add chicken breast. Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray, and then add chicken breasts to slow cooker.
- Add chutney. Pour the sauce over the chicken in the slow cooker. Make sure the chicken is covered in the sauce.
- Cook the chicken. Cook on high or low.
- Cut the chicken into pieces. Once the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165ºF, shred the chicken with two forks.
- Optional thickening. If you prefer a thicker sauce, add 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch to about 1/4 cup sauce and mix. Then, put it back in the slow cooker. Mix the chicken with the sauce, cover the slow cooker and let the sauce thicken.
- Serve over rice. enjoy!
If you need a slow cooker, we love our 7-qt. Slow Cooker!
Honey Garlic Chicken Instant Pot Instructions
- Place the Chicken Breasts and Honey Garlic Sauce in your Instant Pot.
- Cover the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 8-10 minutes. quick release.
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot and shred using 2 forks.
- Thicken sauce by scooping out 1/4 cup and whisking with 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch. Add sauce and shredded chicken back to Instant Pot and mix.
- Turn on the sauté feature and bring the sauce to a boil to activate the cornstarch.
- Serve immediately after thickening.
Chicken Thighs with Honey Garlic Sauce
What goes with Honey Garlic Chicken?
You can easily turn this slow cooker chicken breast recipe into a wonderful chicken dinner preparation by pairing it with your favorite grains and stir-fried vegetables.
Serve honey garlic chicken with one cup of cooked grain and one cup of vegetables.
Some More Ingredient Tips
make it spicy
If you want to make this honey garlic chicken any spicier, add red pepper flakes or a few teaspoons (or a tablespoon if you’re a fire-breathing dragon!) of the honey garlic sauce.
add some crunch
Serve this Honey Garlic Chicken with sesame seeds or chopped cashews for some extra crunch.
Honey Garlic Chicken is a simple, yet delicious recipe made with chicken breasts, garlic, honey, and soy sauce and a little chili garlic sauce for heat.
We recommend serving your Honey Garlic Chicken recipe with steamed rice and stir-fried vegetables or steamed broccoli.
Most honey garlic chicken dishes are mild in spice, but you can add chili garlic sauce or Sriracha to tone down the heat.
Your Honey Garlic Chicken will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
How to Store Honey Garlic Chicken
Store this Honey Garlic Chicken in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days. We recommend serving the Honey Garlic Chicken separately from other ingredients (rice, vegetables, etc.).
Can I make this a freezer meal?
This honey garlic chicken is a great freezer meal if you’re preparing a meal for yourself or a loved one.
- Make honey garlic sauce by mixing minced garlic, honey, soy sauce and red chili garlic sauce until honey dissolves.
- Then, place the chicken breasts in a freezer-safe gallon-size bag and pour the sauce over the top.
- Remove as much air from the bag as possible and seal tightly.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
Want to learn how to reheat this freezer meal? Here’s how.
Best Honey Garlic Chicken (Crock Pot)
Make our Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken recipe with 5 simple ingredients. This chicken turns out so saucy and is so easy to make. Just set it and forget it in your slow cooker!
the Cook:6 hours
complete:6 hours 10 minutes
- 1.5 LBS. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast thighs work too
- 3 big spoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup i am willow or your
- 2 small spoon Chili Garlic Chutney
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch Alternative
First of all make your honey garlic chutney. Whisk together minced garlic, honey, soy sauce, and red chili garlic sauce until honey is completely dissolved.
Next, place the chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker. Then pour the sauce over the chicken.
turn on the slow cooker Turn on high and cook for 2-3 hours or on low and cook for 4-5 hours.
Once your chicken is fully cooked (165ºF internally) and tender, remove chicken from slow cooker and pierce with 2 forks.
If you want to thicken the sauce, Remove 1/4 cup liquid from slow cooker and whisk in 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch until dissolved. Then, pour it back into the slow cooker and mix until combined.
Then, put the chicken back in the crockpot and mix it with the sauce. Cover and cook on high for 10 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken completely.
Serve with your favorite grain and vegetable. Add sesame seeds and green onions on top.
Tips and Notes
- Nutrition is only for the chicken.
- Cornstarch is optional, but your sauce will be thinner if you don’t use it.
- This recipe was slightly updated on Jan 19, 2022. Nothing major was changed.
Calories: 214kcal Carbohydrates: 26Yes Protein: 25Yes thick: 3Yes Fiber: 0Yes sugar: 23Yes