When you’re bored with garden salads, this salad has it all: peppery arugula, sweet strawberries, spiced pecans, and the taste of goat cheese (if you tolerate goat dairy and choose to incorporate it into your diet. ) and a zesty lime dressing to finish it off! You can make pecans ahead of time and store any leftovers in a plastic container in your fridge. A little honey is added to the pecans. Not enough to result in candied pecans, but it’s necessary to help the spices stick to the nuts.
prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 6 minutes for pecans
Ingredients (Spicy Pecans):
1. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Mix coconut oil and honey. Add pecans and stir to coat.
2. Sprinkle spices over pecans and stir to coat evenly.
3. Cook, stirring constantly, until pecans are brown and fragrant, 5–6 minutes. Watch carefully to make sure they don’t burn!
4. Take out on a plate and let it cool.
Ingredients (Lemon “Vinaigrette”):
1. Mix well and pour over salad immediately (or mix again just before using).
Ingredients (Strawberry Arugula Salad):
- 2.5 ounces fresh arugula (about half a tub)
- 1 cup spiced pecans
- ½ pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- Lime Vinaigrette
1. Toss arugula, strawberries, and pecans.
2. Top with Crumbled Goat Cheese
3. Drizzle dressing over salad just before serving. enjoy!