Update, March 17, 2022:
Guess what? New Mystery Boxes just dropped, 4 days only. These are the items that were supposed to be included in the original Mystery Box from February, but were delayed due to supply chain issues. For this round, there are 9 new boxes with 22 new styles – each box containing 2 or 3 pieces. Boxes include:
- Top – 2 pieces
- Essential Starter Box – 3 Pieces
- 5-Star Jeans Box – 2 Pieces
- Surprise me – 3 pieces
- spring dress box – 2 pieces
- Fresh Blouse Box – 3 Pieces
- Enhanced Weekend Box – 3 pieces
- Premier Weekday Box – 3 Pieces
- Suit Separate Box – 3 Pieces
Take an extra 10% off your mystery box by using this link to shop and code INFS-EMILY.
I’ve been getting questions about this for a few weeks now, and now I’m excited to share that Universal Standard Mystery Boxes are back! sharing all the details I have, and also a Code to get extra 10% off,
disclosure: This blog post is not sponsored by Universal Standard, but I received a free mystery box in exchange for showing me the dress on Instagram. If you use my link or coupon code in this post to make a purchase, I will receive a small commission on the sale at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting my work!
Who is Universal Standard?
Universal Standard is one of my favorite brands. I’ve always hesitated with the term “size-inclusive” because unless you offer custom options for someone, someone will always be excluded. But they are absolutely the most size-inclusive major brand out there, with every item offered in sizes 00-40. As someone who is often left out of styles as a size 28, this is greatly appreciated. The styles are classic and high quality, and I have some of my favorite items in my wardrobe. There isn’t a week that goes by that I don’t wear US at least twice. If you’d like more photos, you can find my Universal Standards collection here.
What are mystery boxes?
Every year, Universal Standard offers a sale they call Mystery Box. It is, as it sounds, a collection of items that you buy, visually. I understand that not everyone likes surprises, especially when it comes to clothing, but part of the reason the sale is so popular is because the prices are truly unbelievable. America is not considered by many to be a cheap brand and they rarely have sales (I’ve never seen a site-wide sale – usually only a very select number of items at a time) so now is the time to stock up on mystery boxes. This only lasts for 1 week, so shop while you can!
This year, there are 11 boxes available:
- Top most
- premium jersey
high end luxurysold classic stylessold
- archival repositories
- Lux Lounge
athleisuresold pantssold surprise mesold
- Best Sellers (added 2/18/22)
- Denim Box (added 2/20/22)
- Smart Traveler Box (Added 2/21/22)
- Surprise Me Lite – It’s a 2 Piece Box (Added 2/21/22)
- Classics for Spring Light – It’s a 2 Piece Box (Added 2/21/22)
Each has a different value and a different value. For example, the Dresses Box is $178 for 3 dresses valued up to $354.
I received a Surprise Me box that is $98 with 3 pieces worth up to $548. Contains 3 items valued at $344.
(I also got a second Surprise Me box in the form of Whoopsie and it already had the Stephanie pants attached, the Diane Satin Midi Bias Skirt ($128), and the Elbe Shirt ($94)—which I already own and love. Loved it. The box would have cost $370. I’ll show all the items mixed in below.)
As you can see, everything is so interchangeable because they are timeless pieces. I already have the Stephanie pants in black in 2 sizes (depending on whether I want them tight or loose) and was thrilled to receive the navy. They’re thick and stretchy and drape like a dream. Turtleneck sweaters are something you can own forever and wear with multiple bottoms or use as a layering piece. And the other 2 “whoopsie” items – I’m obsessed with satin skirts. I never would have considered this style for myself thinking it wouldn’t be the right size and would stick really badly, but it’s a beautiful cut and fabric, and easy elastic waist. And the Elbe top – I already had it and I love it – who doesn’t need a white work shirt in their wardrobe? (Or 2 or 3 if you’re me and your top gets stained as your food goes from fork to mouth) Jeans are a good staple, and I don’t have many in this color.
universal standard mystery box coupon code
I have a code that will give you an EXTRA 10% off your mystery box purchase! Use this link and use the code at checkout
info-emily10 INFS-EMILY. Some restrictions may apply.
Things to know before purchasing the Universal Standard Mystery Box:
- all sales are final. There are no returns or exchanges with any of these items. If you’re okay with that risk, then go ahead and shop! If you have experience selling online, US items usually sell quickly on Poshmark and in Facebook Buy/Sell/Trade groups like this one.
- Triple check your size if you’re not familiar with US fit/sizing: I find their size charts to be extremely accurate, but their size scale is labeled differently from other brands. If you are close to my size, I wear a size 28 at most retailers, and do the same for items with numerical labels in the US, and in their alphanumeric sizes, either an XL or 2XL, which fits this Depends on how I want it. item to fit.
- It’s really random what gets selected for you – in the past they used to send a survey asking for preferences, but with how massive this sale has become, that’s no longer possible. I’m not sure whether they are checking for duplicates of previous orders. Then again, if you’re comfortable selling online or with any other US-obsessed friends, it should be easy to get your money back this way.
- If any box you want, don’t hesitate. The boxes have a history of selling out before the sale is over. Styles and sizes tend to be limited.
- Shipping will take some time – between 2-4 weeks. If you’re looking for Amazon Prime speed, this isn’t it!
I’ve bought several mystery boxes in the past and this seems like the best way to create high-quality wardrobe staples and would have cost much less than if I’d bought these items separately.
any question? Let me know and I’ll try to answer them!